It is not hard to see why you would be interested in a free trial for NordVPN! NordVPN is considered one of the premium VPNs on the market today, and it is one that I recommend very highly. However, I certainly am a big fan of trying things before you buy them. You want to make sure that the VPN you ultimately purchase is right for you! With that being said, I’ve put together this guide so you can discover how to claim your free NordVPN trial.
What makes NordVPN such a good choice?
Before I tell you more about the NordVPN trial, let’s explore why NordVPN is considered such a great choice. NordVPN offers outstanding performance. It is also one of the best VPNs in the world in terms of privacy. Your IP address will not only be protected but there are a whole host of great features that will give you peace of mind. This includes the kill switch, which makes sure that you are protected even when your Internet drops out. Furthermore, NordVPN has a no-logs policy in place, which means they do not keep any personal data on you.
Not only does NordVPN tick the security box, but it offers exceptional performance. I have never experienced any trouble when unblocking streaming sites like Netflix and BBC iPlayer. You can also use this VPN on as many as six devices. The support is outstanding as well. No matter the time of day, there will be an experienced member of staff to help you!
- Over 5,400 servers across 60 countries
- Compatible with Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromebook, iOS, macOS, Android, and routers
- Works with Fox, Hotstar, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, and more
- Up to six simultaneous connections
- Zero-logging policy
- Automatic kill switch
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Specialty servers for all of your Internet needs
- Superfast connections
How do you access the NordVPN trial?
NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, rather than a free trial. However, so long as you cancel your account prior to the end of the 30-day period, it really works in the same way as a free trial does. In fact, there are even further benefits associated with a NordVPN money-back guarantee, but more about that later!
So, how can you access the NordVPN trial? Here are the steps to follow:
1. Head to the NordVPN website and select a plan. You will have the option of a two-year plan, a one-year plan, or a one-month plan. The longer the plan, the better the value. If you can afford to go for the two-year plan, I would recommend doing so. If you’re not happy with NordVPN, you’re going to be canceling it anyway, so you will get your money back. However, if you do like NordVPN and you want to stick with this VPN, you will want to be locked onto the better value of money plan. So, make sure you consider this carefully when making your decision, as it will matter if you do decide to stick with NordVPN in the end.
2. Next, you will be prompted to create your NordVPN account. This will require you to input your email address and your payment method. There are plenty of different payment methods to select from on NordVPN, so you are bound to find the right payment for you. This includes all of the major debit and credit cards, as well as UnionPay, Alipay, Sofort, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and even cryptocurrencies. Underneath the “Continue” button, you will see the message about your 100% money-back guarantee within the 30-day period.
3. After you have finished completing your payment details, you will receive an email that will confirm your orders and the details for your account. Select the “Set Password and Activate Account” button.
4. You will now be prompted to create your password, and then you will need to confirm it. Make sure you choose a strong password that is not easy to guess. It should also be different from all of the other passwords you use for different accounts.
5. Once you have completed the above steps, you are going to be able to download NordVPN to your device. The version shown should automatically match the device you’re browsing on. Once you have opened the app, you will be prompted to log in.
6. Now, you are good to go! Don’t forget that you are able to enjoy 30 days of the full NordVPN service without there being any restrictions.
How do you cancel your NordVPN trial?
If you decide that you do not want to proceed with NordVPN and you wish to request a full refund, it is pretty easy to do so! Unlike a lot of other companies that make you jump through hoops to get a refund, NordVPN have made the process straightforward. You simply need to do the following:
1. Head to the NordVPN website and sign-in to your account.
2. Head to the My Services section. You should see three dots next to the Change Plan button. Simply click on this, and then choose Cancel Automatic Payments.
3. You can then choose Confirm Cancellation. NordVPN will double-check that you want to proceed with the cancellation, just in case you have changed your mind!
4. Now, your automatic payments have been stopped. You will notice that your VPN will say that it expires soon. Of course, you must make sure that you stop the automatic payments within 30 days to get that refund.
5. In order to get the refund processed, you will need to get in touch with the customer support team at NordVPN. Tell them that you want to cancel your account and that you would like a refund. You can do this via live chat or email.
Is a money-back guarantee a good option over a free trial?
You may be wondering what the real difference is between a money-back guarantee and a NordVPN trial. A lot of people assume that a free trial is a better option. However, I find the that the opposite is actually true. There is some great value to be had with a money-back guarantee, and I will explain this in full so that you can get a better understanding.
If you take a look at the free trial options that are available today, you will see that a lot of them are very limited. In a lot of instances, the maximum that you are going to get is seven days. However, I have seen some free VPN trials that only give you a few days and some will only permit 24 hours of access.
In addition to this, many free trials do not enable you to try out the full service. You will often be limited in terms of data, bandwidth, server access, and streaming capability. As a consequence, you are not going to be able to get a real feel for what the VPN is actually like. Again, this is not something that you are going to need to worry about with a money-back guarantee. You will experience the VPN in all of its glory.
You may be shocked to discover that there are even cases whereby the free trial outshines the real thing. Why would companies do that? Well, it is to rope you in. They wow you with the free trial, and then they don’t need to keep doing so anymore, and so the service starts to dip. This can be incredibly disappointing, but it is not something you are going to need to worry about when you go for a money-back guarantee, as you’re going to enjoy the real thing.
Final Words: How to Claim Your Free NordVPN Trial in 2021
So there you have it: everything you need to know about the NordVPN trial and how to make the most of it. If you are interested in trying out NordVPN, trying out the free trial first makes a lot of sense! Personally, I think it is one of the best VPNs on the market today. However, it always makes sense to try before you buy when the possibility is there.
You can read my NordVPN review for more information about it.
FAQ about NordVPN
Why not use a free VPN instead of NordVPN’s money-back guarantee?
You may be wondering why you should try out NordVPN instead of using one of the free VPNs that is available. While free VPN services can be very tempting, they are free for a reason! Free VPNs are very limited in terms of their features and they are also worrying in terms of the security risk that they present.
Is NordVPN free for the first month?
NordVPN is not free for the first month. Rather, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you are not happy with the service you have received and you want to cancel your account, you can do so within the first 30 days and you will get your money back.
Is NordVPN worth the money?
Yes, I believe NordVPN is well worth the money. Their prices are affordable and they provide military-grade encryption, ultra-fast download speeds, and a huge assortment of servers. Trying out the NordVPN money-back guarantee is a great way to determine whether or not you think NordVPN is worth the commitment.