Most people would agree that NordVPN and ExpressVPN are at the top of the food chain when it comes to VPNs. They are certainly two of my favourite VPNs! If you have decided that ExpressVPN is the correct choice for you, you will be given an Express VPN activation code, which you will need to use in order to access and use your account. Below, I will take you through how to find and use your ExpressVPN activation code so you can get up and running as soon as possible!
An insight into ExpressVPN
Before I take you through the steps to find your activation code, I’ll give a bit of background information on ExpressVPN for those who are still undecided as to whether or not this is the right option for you.
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular and well-regarded VPNs in the world today. As it comes with a 30-day money-back promise, you can try before you buy so to speak! There are many reasons why ExpressVPN has become such a popular choice, and I will highlight some of my favourite things about this VPN below:
- Some great security features – ExpressVPN has some excellent security features. The Kill Switch is one of my favourites, ensuring that you are protected even if your connection drops out. ExpressVPN also uses 256-bit-keys encryption, which is government-grade encryption, so it does not get much better than this.
- ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands – A great location for a VPN is a must, as it means that the company is not bound by any sort of data laws, as is the case in the UK and USA. Luckily, you do not have to worry about this at all with ExpressVPN thanks to its privacy-friendly location.
- No-logging policy – ExpressVPN do not keep logs. This means that they do not hold onto information such as DNS queries, metadata, traffic destination information, browsing history, or IP addresses.
- Impressive performance – Not only does ExpressVPN provide exceptional security, but the performance of this VPN is impressive too. I have carried out numerous speed tests, and ExpressVPN has passed them all with flying colours.
- Huge selection of servers to choose from – You also have thousands of different servers to select from. This means you can connect to servers all over the world, meaning you will be able to unlock a broad assortment of websites and streaming services.
What is the ExpressVPN activation code? When may I need it?
There are a number of different circumstances that may require you to utilise the ExpressVPN activation code you have received. This includes the following:
- Your previous activation code has expired.
- You uninstalled the ExpressVPN app on your device previously and you are reinstalling it.
- You previously signed out of the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- You are going to install the ExpressVPN app onto a new device.
How can you find your ExpressVPN Activation Code?
If you have decided that ExpressVPN is right for you, you will need to find your activation code. I will talk you through the all-important steps.
1. Go to your account dashboard on ExpressVPN. You may need to enter your log-in details. If so, do this, and click sign-in.
2. You will then be sent a verification code to your email. Enter this.
3. Your activation code will then be displayed on your dashboard. You can find it underneath the Set Up Your Devices heading. Once you click on this code, it will be copied to your dashboard, so make sure you do that.
What should you do if your activation code has expired?
If you enter your activation code, and you get a message like the one below, this usually means the code has expired.
The first thing you need to do, though, is to double-check that you have entered the code correctly. Often, this code pops up simply because the person in question has copied and pasted the wrong thing!
If you are convinced that you have entered the code, correctly, there are a few things that you can do.
Firstly, you should sign in to your account and head to your dashboard to view your subscription details. It could be that your subscription has expired. You will be able to determine whether or not this is the case.
If you have confirmed that your subscription is still active, and you have checked that the code is correct, yet it is still not working, I would recommend that you get in touch with the support team at ExpressVPN. This is the quickest way to get the help you need.
Final Words: How to Find Your ExpressVPN Activation Code in 2021
So there you have it: the low down on how to find your ExpressVPN activation code. I hope that you have now located your code and you’re enjoying all of the great features that ExpressVPN has to offer.
If you aren’t impressed with what you see, don’t forget; ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So long as you request a refund within 30 days, you will get all of your money back. I would recommend that you consider NordVPN if you’ve not been happy with your ExpressVPN experience. You can read my NordVPN review for more information about it.